Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com> on 2014/08/25 20:20:43 UTC

Developing for Project Support

Hey All,
I have had a quick look around at some of the different implementations and
I am seeing that projects in CS seem to be handled as 'special' accounts.
 The API calls have fields like 'projectid' and such, but those details are
not saved into the DB, the only thing that happens in the DB is a new
project account ID is added to the db for that element (think, networks,
instances, etc...)

If I want to extend the functionality of an existing piece of code which
does not support projects to also support projects, do you know of any
specific examples in the code that are good implementations which I should
be using as a good example to follow for adding project support?

Thanks,

*Will STEVENS*
Lead Developer

*CloudOps* *| *Cloud Solutions Experts
w cloudops.com *|* tw @CloudOps_

Re: Developing for Project Support

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
Thanks for the response Chiradeep.  I am currently using the networking
code as my example since I know that code better than most other areas of
the project.  I have been able to find most of the different pieces I will
need to do what I need to do.

I am extending the NetScaler SSL termination code we wrote to support
projects.

Thanks,

Will

*Will STEVENS*