Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Purcell, Scott" <sp...@ltcgroup.com> on 2001/06/18 16:03:23 UTC

single process

Hello,
In the CGi to mod_perl porting coding guidelines, under the headline
"sometimes it works, Sometimes it doesn't"
It says to run the server (during testing) in a single process mode (httpd
-X)

I tried putting httpd 1 into the conf file, and it got mad at me.

How does one set the process (spawning of children) to 1

Thanks

Scott Purcell

Re: single process

Posted by Christoph Wernli <cw...@dwc.ch>.
"Purcell, Scott" wrote:

> It says to run the server (during testing) in a single process mode (httpd
> -X)
>
> I tried putting httpd 1 into the conf file, and it got mad at me.
>
> How does one set the process (spawning of children) to 1

You have to add the "X"-option to the commandline, eg:

/path/to/httpd -X -f /path/to/config.file

<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/programs/httpd.html>

Cheers,

-Christoph

Re: single process

Posted by Nick Tonkin <ni...@rlnt.net>.
The -X flag is a command-line option, not a conf file param. All your
other conf params stay the same (inside httpd.conf) and you just start
your server with "/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -X" or whatever is
appropriate for your system.

This is not a mod_perl issue though; you may want to review the apache
docs.

Nick Tonkin