Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com> on 2014/11/17 04:31:11 UTC

[jclouds-labs-google] Remove tests for default fallbacks (#94)

When we add a `@Fallback`, we absolutely need a test to make sure we put the right one there. However, if we don't add a fallback annotation, we don't need to test error responses. When we do, we are only partially covering the universe of potential errors, and drowning out tests that are actually api-specific. Since it is less work anyway, I'm sure removing these will be welcome!
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/adriancole/jclouds-labs-google adrian.dont-test-defaults

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/94

-- Commit Summary --

  * Remove tests for default fallbacks. This helps clarify code towards what's GCE-specific.

-- File Changes --

    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/features/DiskApiExpectTest.java (27)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/features/HttpHealthCheckApiExpectTest.java (66)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/features/ImageApiExpectTest.java (20)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/features/InstanceApiExpectTest.java (99)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/features/TargetPoolApiExpectTest.java (63)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/94.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/94.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/94

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] Remove tests for default fallbacks (#94)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-labs-google-pull-requests #295](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-labs-google-pull-requests/295/) FAILURE
Looks like there's a problem with this pull request

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/94#issuecomment-63255932

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] Remove tests for default fallbacks (#94)

Posted by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com>.
Closed #94.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/94#event-194497414

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] Remove tests for default fallbacks (#94)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-labs-google-pull-requests #296](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-labs-google-pull-requests/296/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/94#issuecomment-63256270

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] Remove tests for default fallbacks (#94)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
+1. If we're not adding error-handling/fallback logic that's specific to the API call, we shouldn't need to add tests for all the possible failure response cases.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/94#issuecomment-63365728

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] Remove tests for default fallbacks (#94)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds » jclouds-labs-google #1731](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds-labs-google/1731/) FAILURE
Looks like there's a problem with this pull request
[(what's this?)](https://www.cloudbees.com/what-is-buildhive)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/94#issuecomment-63255944

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] Remove tests for default fallbacks (#94)

Posted by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com>.
@demobox thx for the review. merged.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/94#issuecomment-63380600

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] Remove tests for default fallbacks (#94)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds » jclouds-labs-google #1732](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds-labs-google/1732/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/94#issuecomment-63256460