Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ishan-jain <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/21 05:39:42 UTC

Hadoop + IGFS + Hive+Tez

Hi all, I have configured hive to run over IGFS for hadoop file system. I am
trying to install tez on it but am not able to configure tez-site.xml and
bashrc file properly.
I have downloaded a binary tez bin to my system (0.8.4)
I Put the tez tar ball in hdfs dire /user/tez
I pointed my tez.lib.uri to this path
I have configured mapred-site.xml to use yarn-tez
I have hive already configured to run over igfs.
But when i execute the mapred task it says
Failed to connect to shared memory endpoint .
I am using TCP as ipc endpoint configuration and have enabled ipc endpoint
property.

Re: Hadoop + IGFS + Hive+Tez

Posted by Taras Ledkov <tl...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

I don't catch how you configured hadoop Job and where Ignite instances
are started (on all hadoop hosts?).

Shared memory is default and preferred type of connection to Ignite.
In this case Ignite nodes must be started on hadoop nodes.

If you started  Ignite on either hosts IGFS URL must be specified with
the host/port.

Please take a look:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.2/docs/file-system#section-file-system-uri

--
Taras Ledkov

Re: Hadoop + IGFS + Hive+Tez

Posted by Mimmo Celano <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi, thanks for reply.

Re: Hadoop + IGFS + Hive+Tez

Posted by Taras Ledkov <tl...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

Please provide:
- ignite configuration;
- ignite logs;
- hadoop configurations;
- logs of the task.

I don't have tez experience but the cause of the problem looks like
Ignite is not configured properly.

On 21.06.2017 8:39, ishan-jain wrote:
> Hi all, I have configured hive to run over IGFS for hadoop file system. I am
> trying to install tez on it but am not able to configure tez-site.xml and
> bashrc file properly.
> I have downloaded a binary tez bin to my system (0.8.4)
> I Put the tez tar ball in hdfs dire /user/tez
> I pointed my tez.lib.uri to this path
> I have configured mapred-site.xml to use yarn-tez
> I have hive already configured to run over igfs.
> But when i execute the mapred task it says
> Failed to connect to shared memory endpoint .
> I am using TCP as ipc endpoint configuration and have enabled ipc endpoint
> property.

Taras Ledkov