Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gary Horton <Ga...@Sun.COM> on 2007/06/28 19:20:01 UTC

Problem w/JavaMail Session: No AUTH command given

I've configured my web.xml, context.xml, code snippets and library
deployment as directed in
http://localhost:8081/docs/jndi-resources-howto.html, the JavaMail
section, and can locate my JNDI resource just fine, but attempts to send
the mail result in an SMTP 530 error,"No AUTH command given". From
google searches and my own experimentation, I've concluded I need to use
an approach where I create my own Session and supply username, password
in the Transport.connect() call. While this works (i.e authentication is
given OK and the mail gets sent OK), it does not use the
container-supplied session, so it precludes the need for the JNDI
configuration. What is the technique that enables use of a JNDI javamail
resource from Tomcat 6 and have the authentication taken care of?

Thanks-
-Gary Horton