Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/21 07:34:26 UTC

Time taken for launching Application Master

Hi,
   I am seeing that from the time ApplicationMaster is sumitted by my
Client to the ASM part of RM, it is taking around 7 seconds for AM to get
started. Is there a way to reduce that time, I mean to speed it up?

Thanks,
Kishore

Re: Time taken for launching Application Master

Posted by Rahul Jain <rj...@gmail.com>.
Check your node manager logs to understand the bottleneck first. When we
had a similar issue on recent version of hadoop, which includes fix for
MAPREDUCE-4068: we rearranged our job jar file to reduce time spent on
'expanding' the job jar file by the node manager(s).

-Rahul

Posted by Rahul Jain <rj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Jain <rj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Jain <rj...@gmail.com>.