Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Bob G." <ae...@hotmail.com> on 2008/06/20 20:14:22 UTC

Basic Authentication with HTTP connector

Hello,

I have a Java Client App, started  with Webstart, that is using JMS to
communicating over the Internet to my ActiveMQ via the HTTP Connector
(to be clear, not the REST Servlet but the HTTP connector)

-	How can I use Basic Authentication for this HTTP Connection ?

-	His there a way to use the Tomcat engine instead of the embedded Jetty ?

Re: Basic Authentication with HTTP connector

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Enable simple or JAAS-based authentication @ the broker.

http://activemq.apache.org/security.html

Then have your client pass in the proper username and password when creating
the JMS connection.

Its not HTTP Basic Authentication, but it should do the trick. For added
security, you can use the HTTPS transport, but note AMQ-1098.

Joe
www.ttmsolutions.com