Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by cbiava <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/20 15:01:47 UTC

Missing commands

Hello,

it seems that some commands are missing .
for instance:
karaf@root.int2 ()> log
Command not found: log

did i desactivate any commands ?

I've somme others commands who are in the root jvm but not in its instances
(jdbc for example).

Thanks in advance.

Christophe

Re: Missing commands

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
No problem.

Please keep me posted if you have any issues, I will take a look with
you in order to eventually fix bugs in Karaf.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

On 01/20/2014 04:16 PM, cbiava wrote:
> OK thanks, i'll try that.
>
> For the log command problem, i cleared data rep and i recovered the command.
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Christophe

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Missing commands

Posted by cbiava <ch...@gmail.com>.
OK thanks, i'll try that.

Re: Missing commands

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes: purging the data folder removed all previously installed features
(which are not boot features).

You can't add feature in a kar as a boot features.

You have to populate the system folder like this:

unzip my.kar
cp repository/* system

Now, you will be able to add the features as boot features (they are
present in the Karaf system repository).

Regards
JB

On 01/20/2014 03:42 PM, cbiava wrote:
> I'm sorry i've two problems at the same time. This is the post for the log
> command problem =)
>
> I tried the operation you suggest. It worked on the child instance. Actually
> the /data/ clean up is efficient.
>
> But I lost installed feature.
>
> Can I add to featureBoot conf the kar packages presents in /deploy/ ?
>
> Christophe

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Missing commands

Re: Missing commands

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Could you try:
1/ stop Karaf root
2/ cleanup the data folder (remove it)
3/ start Karaf root
4/ install the jdbc feature with: feature:install jdbc

Thanks,
Regards
JB

On 01/20/2014 03:19 PM, cbiava wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I didn't change those files(and I didn't find any logs
> attesting I did). Can I reinstall these commands ? Or should I reinstall the
> whole thing ?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Missing commands

Posted by cbiava <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Missing commands

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Do you remember what you did ? Like change
org.apache.karaf.command.acl.*.cfg files maybe ?

Nothing in the log ?

Regards
JB

On 01/20/2014 03:11 PM, cbiava wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> it's the root instance actually.
> The log commands where presents and then disappeared. Maybe I change a conf
> somewhere ?
>
> Christophe

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Missing commands

Re: Missing commands

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

how did you create the instance ?

instance:create or instance:clone ?

I make a try now.

Regards
JB

On 01/20/2014 03:01 PM, cbiava wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it seems that some commands are missing .
> for instance:
> karaf@root.int2 ()> log
> Command not found: log
>
> did i desactivate any commands ?
>
> I've somme others commands who are in the root jvm but not in its instances
> (jdbc for example).
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Christophe

Jean-Baptiste Onofré