Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Nick Caruso <nc...@gamesville.lycos.com> on 2000/12/14 23:05:52 UTC

Question about 2.0 module declarations

I'm porting the mod_fastcgi module from apache 1.3.x to 2.0, and I
notice that a bunch of stuff from the module declarations have turned
into hooks.  Most of them seem obvious, but the first entry, which
mod_fastcgi declares as follows

> module MODULE_VAR_EXPORT fastcgi_module = {
>   STANDARD_MODULE_STUFF,
>   init_module,              /* initializer */

doesn't clearly have a corresponding hook declaration.  Is there such a
hook?

 thanks and best regards,

    --nick caruso

Re: Question about 2.0 module declarations

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> I'm porting the mod_fastcgi module from apache 1.3.x to 2.0, and I
> notice that a bunch of stuff from the module declarations have turned
> into hooks.  Most of them seem obvious, but the first entry, which
> mod_fastcgi declares as follows
>
> > module MODULE_VAR_EXPORT fastcgi_module = {
> >   STANDARD_MODULE_STUFF,
> >   init_module,              /* initializer */
>
> doesn't clearly have a corresponding hook declaration.  Is there such a
> hook?
>
>  thanks and best regards,

The initializer hook has been replaced by both the pre_ and post_ config
hooks.  You most likely just want to use post_config.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131