Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Tim Diggins <su...@red56.co.uk> on 2007/05/29 23:17:58 UTC

transitive dependencies list

Hi -

I'm looking for a way to give me a list of all the dependencies
(tranistive) for a particular module for a particular configuration -
either within ant (but neither info (becuase it is a pre-resolve task)
nor buildlist (cause it's file focussed) do this for me). I don't need
the organization, version or other information...

Can you give any pointers to how I should do this (or do you reckon I
will have to use ivy from within java to do this/build my own ant task).
I thought one option was to parse the xml output of the report task...
if that doesn't sound too mad.

Thanks

Tim

Re: transitive dependencies list

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
A few other thoughts...

The xml report has almost everything you might need, so if you have some
xslt skills, I think it's a good way to go. But to get this report you need
to call resolve, and maybe you don't need to actually download the
dependencies? If you just need information about your transitive
dependencies without downloading artifacts, this is only possible with java
code. Indeed with java you can call resolve and say: "do not download
artifacts". The RepReport task makes use of this feature. But the Ivy API is
not very stable, and the way you will handle this is likely to require
maintenance if you later upgrade. The xml report has no such problem.

Xavier

On 5/30/07, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can indeed process the xml produced by the report task with an
> xslt or any other tool.
>
> But there is maybe an other aproach.  If the only thing you need is a
> list of jars, you can use the cachefileset or the cachepath.   There
> are probably plenty of method to do what you want to do once you have
> this path or fileset.
>
> Gilles
>
> 2007/5/29, Tim Diggins <su...@red56.co.uk>:
> > Hi -
> >
> > I'm looking for a way to give me a list of all the dependencies
> > (tranistive) for a particular module for a particular configuration -
> > either within ant (but neither info (becuase it is a pre-resolve task)
> > nor buildlist (cause it's file focussed) do this for me). I don't need
> > the organization, version or other information...
> >
> > Can you give any pointers to how I should do this (or do you reckon I
> > will have to use ivy from within java to do this/build my own ant task).
> > I thought one option was to parse the xml output of the report task...
> > if that doesn't sound too mad.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Tim
> >

> --