Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com> on 2006/04/03 19:09:07 UTC

apu_version mess

To resolve the problems we have with calling apu_version from httpd, we
have three main options:

[ ] Remove the new code that outputted the versions.
[ ] Make the code only present on systems that didn't have a broken build.
[ ] Wait for APR-Util 1.2.7 to be released.

Votes/Thoughts?

All of the options pretty much mean scraping the 2.2.1 release, and
moving on to 2.2.2.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: apu_version mess

Posted by Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com>.
<44...@rowe-clan.net>,
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Paul Querna wrote:
>> To resolve the problems we have with calling apu_version from httpd,
we
>> have three main options:
>>
>> [ ] Remove the new code that outputted the versions.
>> [ ] Make the code only present on systems that didn't have a broken
build.
>> [X] Wait for APR-Util 1.2.7 to be released.
>
>        ... as a bugfix (configuration) release only, and quickly?
yes.

>> Votes/Thoughts?
>>
>> All of the options pretty much mean scraping the 2.2.1 release, and

>> moving on to 2.2.2.
>
> Previous to 1.2.7 Win32 and Netware were borked.
>
> FYI I'm doing a fast delta on win32/unix (Brad, could you shoot me
th

My vote would be first "Wait for APR-Util 1.2.7 to be released" if this
can happen quickly.  Even if the only difference between 1.2.6 and 1.2.7
is the apu_version_string() patch for Win32/NetWare.  Otherwise I would
go with "Remove the new code that outputted the versions"

Brad

Re: apu_version mess

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Paul Querna wrote:
> To resolve the problems we have with calling apu_version from httpd, we
> have three main options:
>
> [ ] Remove the new code that outputted the versions.
> [ ] Make the code only present on systems that didn't have a broken build.
> [X] Wait for APR-Util 1.2.7 to be released.

       ... as a bugfix (configuration) release only, and quickly?  yes.

> Votes/Thoughts?
>
> All of the options pretty much mean scraping the 2.2.1 release, and
> moving on to 2.2.2.

Previous to 1.2.7 Win32 and Netware were borked.

FYI I'm doing a fast delta on win32/unix (Brad, could you shoot me the