Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Malathi Jivan <mj...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/17 22:35:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache on the mac: related to my previous question

Hi All,
How does Apache handle configuration on the Mac?
There is an extra file the httpd_macosxserver.conf. I've added my virtual
host settings to it.

My doc root is  /dir1/dir2/dir3/
doument index  abc.bar

While the behavior for this is correct,the  behavior for <hostname> and
hostname/filename is undefined. I suspect that since bar is a standard mime
type on the mac ( listed in the mime_macosxserver.types ) it seems to
default to them. How do I add my own mime types or force it to process the
page the same way it does for the above case? Optionally I dont mind setting
this to the homepage of my site. How would I do this on the mac?

Thanks,
Malathi