Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Theodore W. Leung" <tw...@sauria.com> on 2002/03/01 23:43:42 UTC

removal of jar files in coccon CVS

Hi,

I've just completed adding license files for all the ASF licensed jars
that are present in the cocoon1 and cocoon2 repositories.  Any jars
without license files will be removed from CVS early next week.

Ted

Re: removal of jar files in coccon CVS

Posted by Andrius Sabanas <an...@node.lt>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

<snip/>

>>>The license for Jimi doesn't allow us to distribute it.
>>>

> Oh, right, forgot about that: we don't need Jimi directly, it's a FOP
> dependency. What are they doing with it?

Hi,

IMHO Jimi is used for supporting various image format like TIFF, BMP and
PCX under JDK 1.X. Jimi will be replaced by JAI (Java Advandec Imaging)
it newer JDKs.

BTW, Jimi is no longer distributed with fop, also. At least I don't see
it in the fop-0.20.3rc2 package.

Andrius

Re: removal of jar files in coccon CVS

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> > From: Theodore W. Leung [mailto:twleung@sauria.com]
> >
> > Ok,
> >
> > I've looked in legal, but I don't agree that the licenses are all
> sorted
> > out.  In particular:
> >
> > The license for Jimi doesn't allow us to distribute it.

Oh, right, forgot about that: we don't need Jimi directly, it's a FOP
dependency. What are they doing with it?

> > The License for Jisp covers source but not binary distribution
>
> Regarding JISP:
>
> http://www.coyotegulch.com/jisp/#License:
> --------------8<--------------
> Scott's Very Free License
>
> The following license applies to the entire Jisp package, and is
> included in jisp_1_0_2_distro.jar and all source files contained
> therein:
> --------------8<--------------
>
> Does this resolve the issue? Should this be mentioned in the license
> itself?

I don't see any problems with JISP.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

RE: removal of jar files in coccon CVS

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Theodore W. Leung [mailto:twleung@sauria.com]
>
> Ok,
>
> I've looked in legal, but I don't agree that the licenses are all
sorted
> out.  In particular:
>
> The license for Jimi doesn't allow us to distribute it.
> The License for Jisp covers source but not binary distribution

Regarding JISP:

http://www.coyotegulch.com/jisp/#License:
--------------8<--------------
Scott's Very Free License

The following license applies to the entire Jisp package, and is
included in jisp_1_0_2_distro.jar and all source files contained
therein:
--------------8<--------------

Does this resolve the issue? Should this be mentioned in the license
itself?

Vadim

> Ted
>

> On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 15:22, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > "Theodore W. Leung" wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've just completed adding license files for all the ASF licensed
jars
> > > that are present in the cocoon1 and cocoon2 repositories.  Any
jars
> > > without license files will be removed from CVS early next week.
> >
> > Ted,
> >
> > FYI, we have placed all of our legal stuff over to
xml-cocoon2/legal/

Posted by "Theodore W. Leung" <tw...@sauria.com>.
Ok,

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.