Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2015/10/29 12:20:24 UTC

Mounting a ResourceProvider makes it impossible to create ancestor resources for its mount path

Hi,

I am experimenting with the Sling 8 launchpad and the following setup
in terms of resource providers:

/ - JCR provider with Oak
/content/blog/images - FsResourceProvider

When I start with that configuration I can't create any resource at
/content or /content/blog - AFAICT they come up as synthetic resources
and can't be modified.

If I remove the mount they I can create them just fine.

Is this expected behaviour/bug/feature enhancement?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Mounting a ResourceProvider makes it impossible to create ancestor resources for its mount path

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 29.10.15 um 17:28 schrieb Robert Munteanu:
> On Thu, 2015-10-29 at 13:07 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Am 29.10.15 um 12:20 schrieb Robert Munteanu:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am experimenting with the Sling 8 launchpad and the following
>>> setup
>>> in terms of resource providers:
>>>
>>> / - JCR provider with Oak
>>> /content/blog/images - FsResourceProvider
>>>

>>> When I start with that configuration I can't create any resource at
>>> /content or /content/blog - AFAICT they come up as synthetic
>>> resources
>>> and can't be modified.
>>>
>>> If I remove the mount they I can create them just fine.
>>>
>>> Is this expected behaviour/bug/feature enhancement?
>>>
>> This really looks like a bug. They should only come up as a synthetic
>> resource if list children is used.
>> A getResource("/content") should return null.
>
> Thanks, filed
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5219

Thanks,

it would be great if you could test with latest api/resource resolver
implementation. The internals changed a lot, but maybe it's not even the
RR impl

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Mounting a ResourceProvider makes it impossible to create ancestor resources for its mount path

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.