Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Naveed Hashmi <Na...@bristol.ac.uk> on 2016/05/24 14:08:03 UTC

GPFS file storage and ActiveMQ - file locking?

Hi,

( I'm new to activemq) ...

We run Blackboard Learn which uses ActiveMQ, see link below for info ..

https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Learn/9.1_2014_04/Administrator/070_Server_Management_and_Integrations/System_Integration/SIS/040_SIS_Integration_Admin/060_Configuring_ActiveMQ_Messaging

We run multiple Blackboard servers (behind a load balancer) which share
content via an NFS share. We are thinking about moving away from NFS to
GPFS storage, but this may pose a risk to our activemq service because
(according to Blackboard tech support), GPFS uses byte-size file locking
meaning it can lock part of the file which may result in activemq having
problems.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  anyone successfully using GPFS with
activemq with multiple nodes (cluster)?

Naveed

Re: GPFS file storage and ActiveMQ - file locking?

Posted by Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>.
One of my customers did a PoC using GPFS last fall, and everything went fine.

We chose to use NFS anyway because the environment setup for GPFS was more complex.