Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Anty <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/16 16:01:15 UTC

Optimized Hadoop

Hi: Guys
       We just deliver a optimized hadoop , if you are interested, Pls
refer to https://github.com/hanborq/hadoop

--
Best Regards
Anty Rao

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) it should be sort-avoidance.

right - that's a nice improvement, looking forward to getting that in
trunk at some point.

> 2) work pool (like Tenzing)

Looking at the code, it seems you only support the default task
executor. Do you have plans to support run-as-user through the linux
task-controller? It's a requirement for secure environments. But, it
makes the worker pool model a little tougher since you can't share a
JVM cross-user.

Also, how does class-unloading and reloading interact with this model?

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Sharad Agarwal <sh...@apache.org>.
I have some work pool related thoughts for MRv2 which are captured here:

Please feel free to add your inputs and contributions.

Sharad

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Anty <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi: Todd

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.
@Todd,
Yes, in our first code tag, we intendedly keep away from the security and
user-control feature.
It is because in our existing deploys of production solutions in enterprise
field, this feature is always turned off. I think it may be mainly because
of the different business model between Hanborq and others.

But, we really have plan to completely compat with Apache and Cloudera in
the future.

For the worker-pool implementation, it is true we will continue to improve
our solution....

Schubert Zhang

Looking at the code, it seems you only support the default task
executor. Do you have plans to support run-as-user through the linux
task-controller? It's a requirement for secure environments. But, it
makes the worker pool model a little tougher since you can't share a
JVM cross-user.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dieter, Any comment is welcome.

Hehe, Hanborq Inc. is a small and low profile company, enen though we have
been in hadoop ecosystem for 4+ years. In fact, we were working hard and
busy in resolving big data problems of big enterprises, in china.  Of
cause, we were also finding our business model.

I think our home page site (www.hanborq.com) is very simple and ungainly
now, it seems we should get a guy who is good at website. :-)
But if you Google "Hanborq Hadoop", "Hanborq MapReduce", you may get you
want.

Thanks

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.
@Todd,

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.
@Todd,

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Dieter Plaetinck <di...@intec.ugent.be>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Anty <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Anty <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi: Todd

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Anty <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Anty <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi: Todd

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Anty <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Schubert,

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Schubert,

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Schubert,

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Schubert Zhang <zs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by brisk <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Just curious, could you please give a quick hint about why 0.23.1 performs
much better in shuffle phase? Any significant changes from prior version?

Thanks,
Ethan

Re: Optimized Hadoop

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.