Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lohit <lo...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/11 06:59:18 UTC

HBase version numbers

Hello

I see that for HBase released version is 0.90.2
0.90.3 vote is open and a branch/tag for 0.90.4

After this for trunk, the version seems to be 0.92.0 , right?
What happened to 0.91 ?

Thanks,
Lohit

Re: HBase version numbers

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
0.91, if used, will be used for a developer-preview.  Much as there
was a 0.89 Developer Preview, then a 0.90.x

DPs tend to be marked by the date they were cut, since there is no
real "version", and it is not expected the average user run a DP in
production (nor advised!)

-ryan