Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Christian Anton <ca...@transunion.co.tt> on 2004/10/08 22:51:16 UTC

Jakarta - A study in self defeating projects

Re: Jakarta - A study in self defeating projects

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

I think the only answer that is needed for this email is to ask how you
found it when you installed the SourceForge product?

Jakarta is not a product. It is a community.

Hen

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Henri Gomez wrote:
> If some people found hard to install and glue jakarta software (not
> products) together they should consider JPackage.org ready to use
> RPMS. This Linux project make a cross distribution coherent Java
> distribution, which is now used by Mandrake, Suse and Redhat.

If you can think of some way of validating the contents of the RPMs (e.g.,
if they were part of the release testing process and signed by an ASF
release manager), maybe we could do something with jpackage.org.  Or add the
RPMs to our dist/ tree.

	--- Noel

Re: Jakarta - A study in self defeating projects

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
If some people found hard to install and glue jakarta software (not
products) together they should consider JPackage.org ready to use
RPMS. This Linux project make a cross distribution coherent Java
distribution, which is now used by Mandrake, Suse and Redhat.

Regards

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Christian Anton wrote:

> Is there a harder more terribly-documented install procedure
> for any other product??

Jakarta isn't a product.