Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/01 18:59:44 UTC

any war plugin hack ?

Hello,

is there any way to process the explosed webapp before it gets packaged into
a .war ?
I could wait for maven 2.1 and the pre-package phase, but I need a solution
now...

There seems not to be an official way to hook into the war plugin, but maybe
some "at your own risk" hack is possible ?

Nico.

Re: any war plugin hack ?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for those ideas.

RE: any war plugin hack ?

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Or just use the dependency plugin to unpack the just-created-war. Not
optimal but neither is creating it twice.

In the maven-js-plugin, we process the exploded web-app that gets built
along side the WAR and either re-create the WAR or create a second one
based
on user preferences.  It might work for what you need.

On 10/1/07, nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree, I was just meaning "I can wait maven 2.1 to introduce the
> pre-package pahse, AND the war plugin to honor this new phase"
>
> 2007/10/1, Brian E. Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu>:
> >
> > None that I know of, and I don't think the 2.1 will change this. The
war
> > plugin is the code doing all the work to pull things together. So
unless
> > the war plugin was broken into two separate mojos, it would still
have
> > the effect of being a single black box.

Adam Altemus
Software Engineer

Re: any war plugin hack ?

Posted by Adam Altemus <a....@gmail.com>.
In the maven-js-plugin, we process the exploded web-app that gets built
along side the WAR and either re-create the WAR or create a second one based
on user preferences.  It might work for what you need.

On 10/1/07, nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree, I was just meaning "I can wait maven 2.1 to introduce the
> pre-package pahse, AND the war plugin to honor this new phase"
>
> 2007/10/1, Brian E. Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu>:
> >
> > None that I know of, and I don't think the 2.1 will change this. The war
> > plugin is the code doing all the work to pull things together. So unless
> > the war plugin was broken into two separate mojos, it would still have
> > the effect of being a single black box.

Adam Altemus
Software Engineer

Re: any war plugin hack ?