Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ganesh <em...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/12/03 06:35:22 UTC

PDF text extracted without spaces

Hello all,

I know, this is not the right group to ask this question, thought some of you guys might have experienced.

I newbie with Tika. I am using latest version 0.8 version. I extracted text from PDF document but found spaces and new line missing. Indexing the data gives wrong result. Could any one in this group could help me? I am using tika directly to extract the contents, which later gets indexed.

Regards
Ganesh

Re: PDF text extracted without spaces

Posted by Ganesh <em...@yahoo.co.in>.
Thanks for the link. I downloaded the tool and pdftotext extracts correctly. I also dropped a mail to the tika user group. It is a regression in latest release https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-548. Hopefully coming release will have a fix.

Regards
Ganesh

Posted by Ralph Seward <rj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hans Merkl <hm...@rightonpoint.us>.