Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/02 15:34:42 UTC

Fwd: Components IDS (was: Tapestry 4.1 AJAX support)

Sorry i mean to send this to the dev list

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On 2/2/06, Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to admit that I don't know what XMLC is, can you give a very brief
> summary ?

Well, XMLC works taking an HTML template file and then generating a
java file containing all the methods to access the tag marked by the
id attrbute, the java objects are mapped with the DOM api, then use
the a DOM writer to write output to the client.
Then in BarracudaMVC (the tool similar to Tapestry) you get some sort
of components (they choose to back up the HTML tags) for you to use
directly or a BTemplate object (which they call pull-MVC) that's used
to parse a DOM as a template and then pull data from a Model and put
them in the DOM, this all driven by directive in a separate file
(something similar in concept to what .page are)

The key here is that all is driven by the DOM tree which use the id of
XHTML/HTML, XML, VoiceXML, WML, CHTML tag element to bind them to
"java"

One (big?) downside note is that to be able to parse the markup
template it should validate against DOM...

I wish to elaborate more with your input.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.