Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net> on 2003/11/09 09:40:25 UTC

How to use the ServiceSelector?

Hello,

in the file cocoon.roles I can see that many components which needs a
selector using the ExcaliburComponentSelector. But this selector is
deprecated, isn't it? So I want to use the ServiceSelector for my
components. Is there a default implementation of this selector avaiable or
any examples how to use it?

PS: In the cocoon docs I had seen only a note that the ServiceSelector
should be used instead of the ComponentSelector, nothing more.

Thank you.

Stephan

Re: How to use the ServiceSelector?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
If you get the Selector from a ServiceManager you always get a
ServiceSelector. If the real type of this Selector is a
ComponentSelector as the ExcaliburCS, you get a WrappedServiceSelector.
But this happens transparent to you, you simply do

(ServiceSelector)this.manager.lookup(selectorKey)

If the Selector is later on re-implemented to a real ServiceSelector,
you code will still work.

Regards,

Joerg