Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2005/06/09 22:05:44 UTC

[http-common] HttpCommon in Spring

Folks,

I have created a Spring bean descriptor and a sample app to showcase how
a simple http agent can be assembled using a IoC/DI container

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpclient/trunk/http-
common/src/contrib/org/apache/http/contrib/spring/http-beans.xml

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpclient/trunk/http-
common/src/contrib/org/apache/http/contrib/spring/SpringHttpDemo.java

As you can see not a single impl class gets imported by the application.
Virtually any standard HTTP component can be replaced with a custom
simply by changing the bean descriptor without having to recompile the
application, let alone forking the API.

You have got to love Spring!

Oleg

Re: [http-common] HttpCommon in Spring

Posted by Michael Becke <mb...@gmail.com>.
Very nice.  Being able to transparently assemble all of the pieces
should be quite helpful.  Your work on the 4.0 codebase continues to
impress.

Mike