Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by priyanka gugale <pr...@apache.org> on 2016/02/09 14:27:41 UTC

Hosting package for installation

Hi,

We are planning to create Apache Apex package in Ambari. What should be the
source of installer?

1. Write script to checkout latest code and build rpm/deb package and
install it when someone tries to install the service?
2. Host the rpm/deb on some repository and write the installer script to
just install hosted packages?
     If hosting the packages is right option, where can we host it? Can we
push it to ambari public   repository? Or we do need to host it somewhere
else and expect user to use our repository?

-Priyanka

Re: Hosting package for installation

Posted by priyanka gugale <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have one more question about using local repository.
For experiment purpose, I have hosted the rpm on local machine and created
a repository. Now I want to use this repository only for my service, rest
of the service installation should continue to use configured public HDP
repositories.

The steps mentioned in document are for setting local repository for all
services. How do I customize repository for a service? I have tried
creating a "repo" folder and repoinfo.xml file in my service folder, but
that didn't work.

-Priyanka

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Priyanka,