Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Guerrero, Axel" <ag...@SARK.COM> on 2004/03/12 00:50:56 UTC

ejb hot deploy

I'm using JBoss 3.2.2 and OJB rc4 deployed as as sar (everything deploys ok).

I also have an application ejb jar with session beans that use OJB.. (note: this is a jar not an ear)..
everything deploys fine when JBoss is started. queries ok, resultsets ok..

my problem is whenever i hot deploy a new version of my application ejb jar.
JBoss recognizes the new jar and deploys it without a problem...
However, any query against OJB returns nothing... no results or Exceptions even though OJB does generate queries.

This problem has been reported as well by people using weblogic but i did not find a solution to it..
Is there a solution or something that I am missing?

Axel Guerrero

Re: ejb hot deploy

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Axel,

 > my problem is whenever i hot deploy a new version of my application
 > ejb jar.

I don't have these problems with JBoss. Did you include all jars OJB
depends on in your ejb jar file?
I completely rewrite the JBoss deployment section in deployment doc (get
latest from CVS). Now the examples direct use OJB classes (no JNDI
lookup) and we bundled in a simple ejb-jar file. When I include all OJB
lib jars all works fine:

- The jakarta commons libraries files (all commons-xxx.jar) from OJB
/lib directory
- The antlr jar file (antlr-xxx.jar) from OJB /lib directory
- jakarta-regexp-xxx.jar from OJB /lib directory
- [jakarta turbine jcs.jar from OJB /lib directory, only if
ObjectCacheJCSImpl was used

regards,
Armin