Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/12 06:57:19 UTC

Re: selectOneCountry emptySelection

Yes,

EmptySelection brings null value but I guess it may bring "" instead.

I'll look at this.

Regards,

Cagatay

Posted by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Cagatay,

When I select empty selection, nothing will happen, no model update will be called.

Can the empty selection be turn on/off programactically? OFF - the empty selection does not show up if the country is required.

Thanks,
Dave

Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com> wrote: Yes,

EmptySelection brings null value but I guess it may bring "" instead.

I'll look at this.

Regards,

Cagatay

On 12/12/06,  Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> wrote:   <t:selectOneCountry emptySelection=""
  value="#{bean.country}"
  valueChangeListener="#{ bean.countryChanged}"
 />
  When changing country from US to Canada, or from empty selection to US, everything worked fine.  But changing from US to empty selection, the backing bean variable "country" was not changed, and the valueChangeListener was not called. I expected the country variable to become null when user selected empty selection.

  Did I miss anything? Thanks for help.
   Dave

Cheap Talk? Check out  Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.