Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Dale Manny <dm...@tidestone.com> on 2000/10/13 19:56:48 UTC

Problem enforcing length on list of booleans

I recently tried to use a schema list to enforce the length of a list of
booleans (I needed seven for the days of the week).  I have encountered a
situation that does not seem to make sense to me.  I have been successful in
enforcing length with other types but not boolean.

When I first encountered the problem, I referred back to the example in the
Schema Part 0 : Primer.  Much to my surprise, the example .xsd was
successful in enforcing the length facet of the list of US-States.  I began
to experiment but have not been able to define the problem any better than
the examples contained in the attached short files.

My question is:  "Is this a true problem or have I missed something?"  I
have not worked with schemas long enough to have confidence that I have not
overlooked something but on the surface, the differences in behavior seem
puzzling.

I have a workaround.  Simply defining my own boolean as a string restricted
by enumeration to "true" or "false" is successful but I am curious if there
is not a better answer.

Dale

PS:  In isolating this, I'm just using "DOMCount -v" for testing