Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Tod Thomas <tt...@chubb.com> on 2005/10/13 17:27:42 UTC

Quiet Reference Assistance

I'm trying to us a quiet reference in my .vm for an arrayList.  I the
java code I'm adding to a vector that I eventually put into the context.
  When I use the following code it still displays the reference name and
not a blank when the value is empty:

$!valueList.get(0)

I tried wrapping it in brackets: $!{valueList.get(0)} too, didn't work.
  In the java code I added a check to see if my vector was empty and to
do a context.put("valueList",null) if it was.  That didn't work either.

I must be doing something wrong.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks - Tod