Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/14 13:54:00 UTC

Plan for migration of Qpid java broker svn repo into git

Hi all,

As per vote [1] we would like to perform the migration of sources for
Qpid-Broker-J (a.k.a. Qpid Java Broker) from svn repo into git.

Here is approximate plan of actions of how we would like to do that:
1) On Monday (17 of April), we are going to create git repo and send an
email into user list asking to stop committing into svn repo [3].
2) Immediately after that we will raise INFRA JIRA to suspend commit email
notification on newly created git repo (in order to avoid email generated
by push of svn commits into new git repo)
3) INFRA cannot not guarantee any time how quickly they are going to turn
off the email notification. Thus, we need to wait until it is implemented.
4) As soon as commit emails are suspended, we will push svn commits from
local git repo into Apache repo and raise another INFRA JIRA (or reuse
existing INFRA JIRA) to resume commit notifications.
5) After commit notifications are resumed, we will send an email into user
list about new git repo,  update the repo URLs on Qpid site and lock
existing SVN repo to allow  read only access (by raising a separate INFRA
JIRA for this).

Please, let me know if anyone has any concern regarding the plan above. If
you have any in progress work, please, commit it into svn before Monday or
wait for the new git repo.

Kind Regards,
Alex

[1]
http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/VOTE-Migrate-Qpid-Broker-J-and-Qpid-JMS-AMQP-0-x-Client-from-SVN-to-GIT-td7661885.html
[2] Result:
http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/RESULT-VOTE-Migrate-Qpid-Broker-J-and-Qpid-JMS-AMQP-0-x-Client-from-SVN-to-GIT-td7662060.html
[3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/java

Re: Plan for migration of Qpid java broker svn repo into git

Posted by Lorenz Quack <qu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2017-04-18 at 09:49 +0200, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> On 17 April 2017 at 17:41, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Sounds good to me.
> >
> > On 14 April 2017 at 14:54, Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > As per vote [1] we would like to perform the migration of sources
> > > for
> > > Qpid-Broker-J (a.k.a. Qpid Java Broker) from svn repo into git.
> > >
> > > Here is approximate plan of actions of how we would like to do
> > > that:
> > > 1) On Monday (17 of April), we are going to create git repo and
> > > send an
> > > email into user list asking to stop committing into svn repo [3].
>
> I didn't see such an e-mail get sent yesterday... does that mean that
> the
> migration has been delayed/people should still feel free to commit to
> the
> svn repo, or simply that the mail got lost somewhere?

Migration got delayed. �Expect to receive the email later today.
Until then, feel free to push any commits you have pending.

Kind regards,
Lorenz

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.