Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Zachary Jaffee <zi...@case.edu> on 2015/07/02 09:02:30 UTC

Onboarding to help contribute to brooklyn

Hello,
I'm interested in getting started working on brooklyn and was wondering if
there is some type of "practice project" that I can do to get me up to
speed, and in tern understand the code base well enough to start
contributing. I've worked with other devOps products in the past, and am
somewhat familiar with deployment products and how they work on a low
level, particularly those that are of the more procedural/workflow style of
deployment tool.

So once again if anyone has any advice on how to get started I'd be
interested in hearing it, I should mention that I am familiar with all of
the languages used, but maybe not the particular way different packages and
projects are used, or how they work. Also, if you have any quirks about the
software that someone might not see off the bat, I can record them down now
too and make a document of all the different things a person should get to
know to get better acclimated to working on brooklyn.

Thanks in advanced,
Zach

Re: Onboarding to help contribute to brooklyn

Posted by Zachary Jaffee <zi...@case.edu>.
Thanks for the pointers, I'm excited to get started.

--
Zach Jaffee
B.S. Computer Science

Re: Onboarding to help contribute to brooklyn

Posted by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zach,

 From https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org, you should also see the