Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Max Metral <ma...@artsalliancelabs.com> on 2007/07/30 20:40:07 UTC

Maximum phrase query?

I have a set of tags associated with content in my corpus.  I also have
normal text.  Our system tries to figure out which "words" are tags and
which are text, and falls back on text when tags fail.  I'm wondering,
is there anything in Lucene which might help disambiguate multi-word
tags from text?  Specific example:

Tags: "post office", "office"

Search: post office mail

In this case, I would like something that would indicate that the search
could be one of (in scored order):

"post office" + mail

post + office + mail

I realize it's a strange request and that I'm essentially asking Lucene
to perform a combinatorically problematic operation.

--Max

Re: Maximum phrase query?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
not that I know of....