Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Frederic Gaus <co...@necroshine.de> on 2004/01/15 13:13:43 UTC

sessionid in links to forign pages

Hi all together!

I got the following problem:

Entering my site you get a session-id (if cookies are disabled).
So I append the sessionid at the urls in the document using the
encodeURL-transformer.

To fix the problem with appended session-ids on links pointing to forign
sites (i.e. microsoft.com), I used the following workaround:

Every link which should not get a sessionid appended has the form:

<xa linkto="foo">bar</xa>

I wrote a transformer converting these links to working <a> elements and
I use this transformer after the encodeURL transformer. All this is
working so far.

Now, I need a new "feature" in my site that enables the users to create
own contexts. They can write html, but they don't know anything about xa-s.

Now I'm searching for a solution. Maybe a way to distinguish external and
internal links or maybe something very new without <xa>-Elements

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Freddy

Re: sessionid in links to forign pages

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 15.01.2004 13:13, Frederic Gaus wrote:

> Hi all together!
>
> I got the following problem:
>
> Entering my site you get a session-id (if cookies are disabled).
> So I append the sessionid at the urls in the document using the
> encodeURL-transformer.
>
> To fix the problem with appended session-ids on links pointing to forign
> sites (i.e. microsoft.com), I used the following workaround:
>
> Every link which should not get a sessionid appended has the form:
>
> <xa linkto="foo">bar</xa>
>
> I wrote a transformer converting these links to working <a> elements and
> I use this transformer after the encodeURL transformer. All this is
> working so far.
>
> Now, I need a new "feature" in my site that enables the users to create
> own contexts. They can write html, but they don't know anything about xa-s.
>
> Now I'm searching for a solution. Maybe a way to distinguish external and
> internal links or maybe something very new without <xa>-Elements
>
> Does anyone have an idea?

When we did our application we didn't use the EncodeURLTransformer, but
a stylesheet. The template is applied to all URLs and decides to add or
not add on the start of the link: either http:// or not (a simple test
on : for other protocols is also possible). Of course you have arbitrary
content and so the users don't need to specify the protocol ... I don't
know how to handle this. How do browsers decide? <a
href="www.microsoft.com"> could in theory be a relative link. But using
http:// is more obvious to the users than <xa> I guess.

Joerg