Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/27 15:24:20 UTC

Interest in including a package for Solr in Slider?

Hi,

I'm a committer on the Lucene/Solr project and have developed a basic
solution for deploying Solr to YARN using Slider, see:
https://github.com/LucidWorks/solr-slider

I'm reaching out to see if there is interest in including Solr as one
of the packages that ships with Slider, as you do today with Storm,
memcached, HBase, etc ...

If so, I can open a JIRA and prepare a patch based on my github
project, but wanted to gauge interest before going down that path.

Cheers,
Timothy Potter

Re: Interest in including a package for Solr in Slider?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Belated strong +1 :)

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.
Awesome! thank you ... I'll post a patch later today after I've
addressed the issues Gour pointed out.

Posted by Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Please open a JIRA.