Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rich Thornett <ri...@thornett.com> on 2007/04/02 21:21:48 UTC

Re: Struts 2 and Validation Testing

I'm seeing the same issue folks have described below.  BTW, the validation
testing described in:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/how-do-i-unit-test-my-actions-validation-logic.html

did work, at least in Struts 2.0.1.  I've entered the following jira issue
on the matter:

Hopefully it will be addressed soon.

Posted by Thomas Ferris Nicolaisen <tf...@gmail.com>.
I made a test that ran successfully when extending StrutsTestCase.
Attached the test to the Jira issue. As a result of extending
StrutsTestCase, I encountered a new bug in the spring-plugin, but
that's another story.

I still would like some dev to comment on whether there is an actual
requirement for our tests to extend StrutsTestCase like this. I would
like to avoid it as several of my tests already extend various Spring
utility test classes. If it is a requirement the spring-plugin should
be extended to support the StrutsTestCase.

Posted by Rich Thornett <ri...@thornett.com>.