Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Grant Peel <gr...@thenetnow.com> on 2003/12/17 01:59:15 UTC

[users@httpd] suexec and dirs.

Hi all,

I have several servers. One is a leased server from Alabanza and the others
are our servers _FreeBSD and Apache) that we colo in Toronto.

The Alabanza server (RedHat 7.something and Apache 1.26), have several perl
based programs based way outside the normal DocRoot. Suexec us enabled and
running.

I am attempting to get OpenWebMail installed onto my Toronto servers, using
1 install to serve all the virtual hosts on that machine.

My question is, does anyone know how I can have the program reside outside
the /home (DocRoot), and still be able to run when suexec is eneabled? No
matter what I try I get the suexec_log errors regading target and user ids.

-Grant

Re: [users@httpd] suexec and dirs.

Posted by Jonas Eckerman <jo...@frukt.org>.
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:59:15 -0500, Grant Peel wrote:

>  My question is, does anyone know how I can have the program reside
>  outside the /home (DocRoot), and still be able to run when suexec
>  is eneabled?

Modify suexec.c to allow multiple "document roots".

In case you don't want to do that, uou could use cgiwrap or sbox instead.

(Of course, if you'll only be using suexec on this specific directory, you could simply put that in as document root in suexec.h and recompile.)

/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/