Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by tnk <e....@nedstat.com> on 2006/08/03 14:59:24 UTC

Jmeter installation problems

Dear All,

I'm trying to get jmeter to run on an Linux Box, i keep on getting the
following errors:

stagshoot02:~/jakarta-jmeter-2.2/bin# ./jmeter
Error: Unrecognized JVM specific option `-XX:NewSize=128m'.
Error: Unrecognized JVM specific option `-XX:MaxNewSize=128m'.
Error: Unrecognized JVM specific option `-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=2'.
Error: Unrecognized JVM specific option `-XX:PermSize=64m'.
Error: Unrecognized JVM specific option `-XX:MaxPermSize=64m'.
java.lang.Throwable: Could not access /root/lib
   at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.<clinit> (NewDriver.java:77)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke0 (Method.java)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:255)
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main (ExecJarName.java:67)
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main (ExecJar.java:75)
java.lang.Throwable: Could not access /root/lib/ext
   at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.<clinit> (NewDriver.java:77)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke0 (Method.java)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:255)
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main (ExecJarName.java:67)
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main (ExecJar.java:75)
java.lang.Throwable: Could not access /root/lib/junit
   at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.<clinit> (NewDriver.java:77)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke0 (Method.java)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:255)
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main (ExecJarName.java:67)
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main (ExecJar.java:75)
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jmeter.JMeter not found in
org.apache.jmeter.DynamicClassLoader{urls=[],
parent=kaffe.lang.AppClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass (URLClassLoader.java:841)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:344)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:295)
   at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.main (NewDriver.java:172)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke0 (Method.java)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:255)
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main (ExecJarName.java:67)
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main (ExecJar.java:75)
JMeter home directory was detected as: /root
stagshoot02:~/jakarta-jmeter-2.2/bin#

I downloaded the Linux Binary from the apache site, also i downloaded the
Linux Platform - J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6:
jre-1_5_0_06-linux-i586.bin

and exported the JAVA_HOME environment:

stagshoot02:~# env
TERM=xterm
SHELL=/bin/bash
SSH_CLIENT=::ffff:192.168.100.235 49132 22
OLDPWD=/root/jakarta-jmeter-2.2
SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/0
USER=root
MAIL=/var/mail/root
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11
PWD=/root
JAVA_HOME=/root/jre1.5.0_06/
PS1=\h:\w\$
SHLVL=1
HOME=/root
LOGNAME=root
SSH_CONNECTION=::ffff:192.168.100.235 49132 ::ffff:192.168.100.62 22
_=/usr/bin/env
stagshoot02:~#

Would anybody be able to help?

Thanks.
--
Erik van Dam        | Nedstat BV

Re: Jmeter installation problems

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 03/08/06, Mikko Ohtamaa <mi...@ardites.com> wrote:

> >I'm trying to get jmeter to run on an Linux Box, i keep on getting the
> following errors:
>   at kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main (ExecJarName.java:67)
>   at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main (ExecJar.java:75)
>   at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main (ExecJar.java:75) JMeter home directory was
> detected as: /root stagshoot02:~/jakarta-jmeter-2.2/bin#
>
> Hi,
>
> (I am not expert on Jmeter, just downloaded it today). Looks like you are
> trying to run Jmeter on Kaffe virtual machine instead of Sun's JVM. This
> might be cause of the problems since they have different input arguments.
> http://java.sun.com and install Sun JVM. If you already have it, modify your
> environment settings or Jmeter start-up script to use Sun instead of Kaffe.

You can get rid of the -X errors by changing

java $JVM_ARGS $ARGS -jar `dirname $0`/ApacheJMeter.jar "$@"

java $JVM_ARGS -jar `dirname $0`/ApacheJMeter.jar "$@"

but whether that will fix all the problems, I don't know.

As far as I know, JMeter itself does not use any non-standard Java,
but recently I've only tested it on Windows and OpenVMS (I did test on
a Unix box a while back, but I think that was running Sun Java).

S.

RE: Jmeter installation problems

Posted by Mikko Ohtamaa <mi...@ardites.com>.
>I'm trying to get jmeter to run on an Linux Box, i keep on getting the
following errors:
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main (ExecJarName.java:67)
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main (ExecJar.java:75)
   at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main (ExecJar.java:75) JMeter home directory was
detected as: /root stagshoot02:~/jakarta-jmeter-2.2/bin#

Hi,

(I am not expert on Jmeter, just downloaded it today). Looks like you are
trying to run Jmeter on Kaffe virtual machine instead of Sun's JVM. This
might be cause of the problems since they have different input arguments.
http://java.sun.com and install Sun JVM. If you already have it, modify your
environment settings or Jmeter start-up script to use Sun instead of Kaffe.

-Mikko