Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de> on 2007/07/26 12:36:02 UTC

[T4.1.2] DirectLink and stateful

Hi!

I just noticed that the behavior of directlink seems to have changed
from 4.1.1. We have the following directlink in your page:

<a class="quick" jwcid="logout@DirectLink" stateful="ognl:false"
listener="listener:logoutUser" href="#"> ... </a>

Problem is now that the listener does not get called, but the
RedirectException inside the listener seems to get triggered.
Additionally the Session triggering the logout does not get destroyed.
If i set stateful to true all works as it should (listener is called,
session is destroyed), but if the user has waited till the session
timeout had occured already she/he would see the stalestate page which
we do not want.

Somehow i doubt that this is the intended behavior here...

Regards,
    Patrick

Re: [T4.1.2] DirectLink and stateful

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure I understand what you are seeing as expected vs. actual behavior.

I do remember seeing a bug with DirectLinks not passing that parameter
to the link factory but don't know how it applies to your situation
that isn't controllable via setting stateful = true/false.

On 7/26/07, Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just noticed that the behavior of directlink seems to have changed
> from 4.1.1. We have the following directlink in your page:
>
> <a class="quick" jwcid="logout@DirectLink" stateful="ognl:false"
> listener="listener:logoutUser" href="#"> ... </a>
>
> Problem is now that the listener does not get called, but the
> RedirectException inside the listener seems to get triggered.
> Additionally the Session triggering the logout does not get destroyed.
> If i set stateful to true all works as it should (listener is called,
> session is destroyed), but if the user has waited till the session
> timeout had occured already she/he would see the stalestate page which
> we do not want.
>
> Somehow i doubt that this is the intended behavior here...
>
> Regards,
>     Patrick

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer