Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Andy Yates <an...@powermarket.com> on 2001/05/02 07:47:01 UTC

Jar/ EJBs / Weblogic (general weirdness)

hi - so I have a somewhat confusing problem... (but then, aren't they all?
:))

we're creating an EJB jar using the jar task:

<jar jarfile="${build.jars.dir}/pm_classes${time.stamp}.jar"
      compress="false">
    <fileset dir="${build.classes.dir}"/>
    <fileset dir="${build.isv.dir}"
	   includes="**/*.class"/>
    <fileset dir="${pm.main.dir}/build"
	           includes="META-INF/**"/>
</jar>

and then running weblogic.ejbc on it, so as to make the deployable jar

<target name="ejbc">
     <java classname="weblogic.ejbc"
             classpath="${external.classes}"
	 fork="yes">
          <arg value="${build.jars.dir}/pm_classes.jar"/>
          <arg value="${build.jars.dir}/pm_ejbc_classes.jar"/>
     </java>
</target>

so far so good....

however, when we try and deploy this, a ClassNotFoundException is thrown,
for a class that is in the jar file!

being the curious lot that we are, we decided to unjar, and then re-jar the
said file manually (that is, 'jar -xvf pm_ejbc_classes.jar' followed by
deleting pm_classes.jar, and then 'jar -cvf pm_ejbc_classes.jar *' in a
temporary directory) ... and suddenly all is well, and the jar file
deploys!!

does anyone have any idea why this might be? how can I make it work in ant?

many thanks!

Andy

ps - here's the stack trace from the WL server:

weblogic.ejb20.EJBDeploymentException: Error deploying stateless EJB; nested
exception is:
        javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception
is:
        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.powermarket.extract.webl.WebLEvaluatorBeanEOImpl_WLStub:  This error
could indicate that a component was deployed on a  cluster member but not
other members of that cluster. Make sure that any component deployed on a
server that is part of a cluster is also deployed on all other members of
that cluster]
[...]

oh yeah - there is only one server in my 'cluster', and (as you can see) for
some reason, the exception is thrown 3 times....