Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joachim Van der Auwera <jo...@progs.be> on 2008/12/29 17:33:45 UTC

autocomplete, display more info

In the autocomplete mixin, the full string which is returned is always
returned as value.

Is there a way to make a distinction between the value which should be
selected and the information which is displayed?

In the original library, you can contain additional information in a
"span" tag, allowing styling and assuring the additional info not set
when selecting the value. When I try inserting this in the string, the
tags are just added as literal strings.

Is it possible to return a Bloock which contains a "<li>" and all the
styling or is there another way to handle this?

Thanks for the help,
Joachim

--
Joachim Van der Auwera
PROGS bvba, progs.be

Re: autocomplete, display more info

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:00:06 -0300, Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>
escreveu:

> I am facing this problem as well - is there any solution?
> (what I want to do is to return a Map in my onProvideCompletionFromField
> event. The key gets submitted by the form, the value is presented to the
> user)

This is a common needed fuctionality, I guess. So we need something like
an AutocompleteObject mixin that returns a SelectModel (just as Select's
model parameter). Has anyone implemented this? This could be a very nice
addition to the Tapestry component collection. ;)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

Re: autocomplete, display more info

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
I am facing this problem as well - is there any solution?

(what I want to do is to return a Map in my onProvideCompletionFromField
event. The key gets submitted by the form, the value is presented to the user)

	Piero