Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by William Ferguson <wi...@hubbub.com.au> on 2005/04/07 04:54:13 UTC

Building javahl

I'm interesting in building the SubVersion javahl libraries so my Java
client can talk to a remote SubVersion repository (svnserve not Apache 2.0),
but being a Java developer in a win2k environment I'm having a great deal of
trouble getting even close to building the SubVersion source.

I've checked out the 1.1.3 source (as that is our current server), but could
move to 1.1.4 if it helps.

I've spent the last 24 hours reading the documentation that comes with the
SubVersion source, and haven't found a list of instructions for building
what I need. Could someone please help me out?

William

Re: Building javahl

Posted by Patrick Mayweg <ma...@qint.de>.
Hi William,
if you are using win2k, why don't you use the precompiled version from
http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/21735/svn-win32-1.1.4_javahl.zip
?
Otherwise you have to build the __JAVAHL__ project in the developer studio.
Patrick

Re: Building javahl

Posted by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com>.
William Ferguson <wi...@hubbub.com.au> wrote on 04/07/2005
12:54:13 AM:

> I'm interesting in building the SubVersion javahl libraries so my Java
> client can talk to a remote SubVersion repository (svnserve not Apache
2.0),
> but being a Java developer in a win2k environment I'm having a great
deal of
> trouble getting even close to building the SubVersion source.
>
> I've checked out the 1.1.3 source (as that is our current server), but
could
> move to 1.1.4 if it helps.
>
> I've spent the last 24 hours reading the documentation that comes with
the
> SubVersion source, and haven't found a list of instructions for building
> what I need. Could someone please help me out?

Are you aware that there is a binary available for download?

http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/21735/svn-win32-1.1.4_javahl.zip

Mark