Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Munz <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/02 06:37:30 UTC

Tomcat 7 Maven plugin: deploy fails with tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized

Hi all,

  I'm trying to get the Tomcat 7 Maven plugin to work and I'm getting an authorization problem.[1]  Here's the command that I'm running. [2]  Here's the relevant snippet from tomcat-users.xml. [3]  From the browser I am able to log on to the Manager with this account without problems.

  Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

[1] tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized
[2] mvn tomcat7:deploy -Dusername=Administrator -Dpassword=a
[3]
<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
<role rolename="manager-script"/>
<role rolename="manager-jmx"/>
<user username="Administrator" password="a" roles="manager-gui,manager-script,manager-jmx"/>

  Matt Munz
  matt.m.munz@gmail.com

Re: Tomcat 7 Maven plugin: deploy fails with tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2012/4/13 Matt Munz <ma...@gmail.com>:
> Olivier,
>
>  When I try to deploy from Maven, the following message appears in the access log. [1]  There are no other messages in any of the other logs for this event.
>
> [1] 127.0.0.1 - - [12/Apr/2012:21:15:59 -0700] "PUT /manager/html/deploy?path=%2F HTTP/1.1" 401 2550

manager/html/deploy?

That is what is used when you use HTML GUI of the manager app.

Automated tools use Text interface, not HTML one.

It has different address (and requires different user role).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: Tomcat 7 Maven plugin: deploy fails with tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Can you try with: mvn tomcat7:deploy -Dtomcat.username=Administrator
-Dtomcat.password=a

See Mojo documentation:
http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-SNAPSHOT/tomcat7-maven-plugin/deploy-mojo.html

Posted by Matt Munz <ma...@gmail.com>.