Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2006/12/08 20:38:43 UTC

Problem with maven-osgi-plugin snapshot

A snapshot of the maven plugin has been published to the repo as
version 0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/felix/
plugins/maven-osgi-plugin/0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT/maven-osgi-
plugin-0.9.0-incubator-20061206.161951-1.pom

This has a dependency on a parent pom that has not been published yet:
   <parent>
     <artifactId>felix</artifactId>
     <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
     <version>0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT</version>
   </parent>

By default, Maven will use the latest version of a plugin and
unfortunately this fails with

GroupId: org.apache.felix
ArtifactId: felix
Version: 0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT

   org.apache.felix:felix:pom:0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT

Please could someone deploy all of the 0.9.0 artifacts necessary, or
remove the 0.9.0 version of the plugin.

Thanks
--
Jeremy

Re: Problem with maven-osgi-plugin snapshot

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Thanks - worked great this time.

Good.

> We (Tuscany) had to rely on a snapshot as there was no official
> release so having 0.8.0 will be great.

Well, there won't be an official release of the maven-osgi-plugin, but
if you are already using the 0.9.0 version, then there shouldn't be any
issue for you anyway, since that will be the "correct" version after the
change over.

Keep us posted if anything goes wrong.

-> richard

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.