Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@allaire.com> on 2000/11/11 00:32:58 UTC

[RFN] new name for the V3 project

I think Jacek meant to send this to the whole list.

I suggested "wizzy", which was WSI (Web Service Infrastructure), although I
like "Axis" better.

Without trying to get too pedantic, I'm going to say Axis should actually
expand to "Apache XML Interoperation System (or Suite)", since "XML
Infrastructure System" seems a little too much like it might be about
parsers and basic XML capability.

+1 on voting Monday if there is enough interest.

--Glen

Re: [VOTE] new name for the V3 project

Posted by "Suhail M. Ahmed" <su...@pixelpark.com>.

Posted by "Suhail M. Ahmed" <su...@pixelpark.com>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
+1 for Daisy.

Sanjiva.

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@allaire.com>.
+1 for Axis.

Posted by Jean-Noel Gadreau <jn...@activcard.com>.
I am voting for AXIS.
Jacek: I really loved the way you presented it !

Jean-Noel

Posted by Jean-Noel Gadreau <jn...@activcard.com>.
I am voting for AXIS.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.