Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Wilkins, Craig" <cw...@akamai.com> on 2001/12/12 22:55:00 UTC

RE: xml schemas?

How complex are your inputs/outputs to these methods?  The best thing that
you could do is to create a WSDL file that describes all of your services,
inputs, outputs, bindings, etc. for the client.

The quick and easy way would be to provide a list of services and there
inputs/outputs.  However, if the input and output parameters are of a
complex type, then you are going to need to provide much more information.
I personally think that complex types are best handled by passing literal
xml, and if you do this, then you are going to have to provide schema.

Good Luck.

Posted by Bryan Field <bf...@t4cg.com>.
Craig,

My inputs are not that complex.  The methods are basically to create records
in database tables, like createBusiness, createListing, etc...  I am
creating essentially beans to represent the data needed to create each of
the objects.  I am using the Apache BeanSerializer class provided with Soap
to serialize the beans into xml.  I know that WSDL is used to describe web
services but I haven't worked with it before.  What are your thoughts given
this additional information.

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

I am trying to implement a soap service that has 20 or so methods.  I have
defined the data that is needed to invoke each of these methods.  I am doing
the server implementation and another party is doing the client side
implementation.  Do I need to create a schema for each of my commands in
order for them to code the client side of soap?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan Field
Senior Consultant
T4CG