Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Kim <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/30 00:19:14 UTC

Operating System vs. xalan's Performance

Hi All,

I'm trying to do the perfomance tuning on my parser which using xalan and my
xsl file.  It seems to run twice faster in DOS than UNIX.  Here is the result
while testing the same input file:

DOS (PC): 1.18 sec
UNIX (Solaris): 2.56-2.80 sec (randomly at different time).

On UNIX normally we have a less than 5 users remotely log in and not many CPU
used at the time testing (<10%).

What would it cause this vast difference?  The hardware?  I verified all the
version of software that we used.  They both are the same.

Thanks,

=====
Kim

http://health.yahoo.com