Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com> on 2016/07/18 16:22:18 UTC

Upcoming metadata change for Trafodion 2.1 merged this morning

Hi,

FYI: The pull request containing metadata and repository upgrades was
merged into Trafodion 2.1 this morning.

Once you pick up this change, it will affect you in one of two ways:

1.       If you are creating a new instance, you’ll get the new repository
and metadata definitions when you do Initialize Trafodion.

2.       If you incorporate this change into an existing instance, after
you build you will find that SQL operations in sqlci and trafci fail with
error 1395. You’ll need to do “Initialize trafodion, upgrade” to upgrade
your metadata. After doing that, you’ll need to exit your sqlci/trafci
session and start a new one.

Dave