Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com> on 2003/07/02 03:02:59 UTC

ulimit

Hi All,

Is there any way to prevent Apache::Test from setting ulimit during
`make test`? Mine is a Pure Perl module, and I don't really need to
worry about core files. I'd like to gain the extra time taken to set
and unset it repeatedly.

TIA,

David

http://kineticode.com/                         Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org

Re: ulimit

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
David Wheeler wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at 06:19  PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
>> looks like setting $ENV{APACHE_TEST_ULIMIT_SET}=1 should do the trick.
>>
>> optionally, you could locally override set_ulimit() from your TEST.PL
>>
>> use Apache::TestRun;
>> local *Apache::TestRun::set_ulimit = sub {1};
>

> Ah, well, I don't have a TEST.PL, so I won't worry about it. I was just
> wondering if there was a parameter to C<<
> Apache::TestRunPerl->generate_script >> or something that I could use.

ulimit setting is done to allow core files to be generated. It doesn't matter
if your module is in pure Perl or not. Apache dumps core no matter what module
you use. And Perl sometimes does too. So you probably don't really want to
disable that feature.

Re: ulimit

Posted by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>.
On Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at 06:19  PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> looks like setting $ENV{APACHE_TEST_ULIMIT_SET}=1 should do the trick.
>
> optionally, you could locally override set_ulimit() from your TEST.PL
>
> use Apache::TestRun;
> local *Apache::TestRun::set_ulimit = sub {1};

Ah, well, I don't have a TEST.PL, so I won't worry about it. I was just
wondering if there was a parameter to C<<
Apache::TestRunPerl->generate_script >> or something that I could use.

Thanks,

Re: ulimit

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

David Wheeler wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any way to prevent Apache::Test from setting ulimit during
> `make test`? Mine is a Pure Perl module, and I don't really need to
> worry about core files. I'd like to gain the extra time taken to set and
> unset it repeatedly.

looks like setting $ENV{APACHE_TEST_ULIMIT_SET}=1 should do the trick.

optionally, you could locally override set_ulimit() from your TEST.PL

use Apache::TestRun;
local *Apache::TestRun::set_ulimit = sub {1};

HTH

--Geoff

BTW, anybody know what's up with the Reply-To headers on this list - it's
unlike the other httpd lists AFAICT.