Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com> on 2001/03/06 04:03:47 UTC

Re: WebLogic 6.0 deploying taglib:request -- jsp:getProperty() problems

Tak wrote:

> Hello,
>     We recently moved to WebLogic and and I'm seeing an error message
> deploying the example page for the request taglib.  The same example works
> wonderfully in Tomcat.  In reading this list, it seems that WL is a bit more
> stringent about what you can and can't do.
>
> The datetime taglib works ok, it looks like WebLogic is whining about the
> looping constructs that use that try and use the jspGetProperty to reference
> the taglib.
>
> However, I can't seem to see what sort of deployment problem I'm running
> into.  Any pointers?

To me it looks like WebLogic is not spec compliant. It seems to require a
<jsp:useBean> action to define each bean used by <jsp:getProperty> actions
in the same page. That is *not* a requirement, according to the JSP 1.1
spec. The spec only says that the name attribute in <jsp:getProperty> must
be the name of a bean created by some other action in the page, using the
<jsp:useBean> action as an example. In this case it's created by the
<req:cookies> action, and that should work equally fine.

I suggest you report this as a bug to BEA. It's the only way we will ever
get the vendors to implement the spec correctly, and get the promise of
vendor independent applications.

Hans

--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com