Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by yz <ya...@mailnull.com> on 2007/09/29 08:42:21 UTC

DatagramConnector sessions

Is there a way to send UDP packets via MINA without using the session
abstraction imposed by DatagramConnector? Promiscuously sending to many
distinct endpoints quickly exceeds the OS file descriptor limit. The
downside to using a DatagramSocket directly is that I don't get to use
things like IoFilters. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Re: DatagramConnector sessions

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/29/07, yz <ya...@mailnull.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to send UDP packets via MINA without using the session
> abstraction imposed by DatagramConnector? Promiscuously sending to many
> distinct endpoints quickly exceeds the OS file descriptor limit. The
> downside to using a DatagramSocket directly is that I don't get to use
> things like IoFilters. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

One way to do that is to use DatagramAcceptor.
DatagramAcceptor.newSession() or DatagramSession.write(Object,
SocketAddress) will do what you want.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--