Posted to user@hive.apache.org by t liu <we...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/18 05:40:11 UTC

need your help

when hive craete a table ,we need set hql like this

 'CREATE TABLE page_view(viewTime INT, userid BIGINT,
                    page_url STRING, referrer_url STRING,
                    ip STRING COMMENT 'IP Address of the User')
    COMMENT 'This is the page view table'
    PARTITIONED BY(dt STRING, country STRING)
    STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE;'

in this hql,file type is 'STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE' , the question is:

how many file types can we set? what different between them ?

I learned hive about a week , don't lauch at me .....

Re: need your help

Posted by t liu <we...@gmail.com>.
yes, i have got the answer right now , it's SEQUENCEFILE and TEXTFILE

Re: need your help

Posted by Ping Zhu <pi...@sharethis.com>.